Friday, July 16, 2010

Turkeys Beat St. John's

There was once a time when I took communion at St. John’s, and afterward I was told that I was going to a very warm place when I die because I did so. Though this may be true, needless to say I used this as the rallying cry for the Turkeys on this fine day. Grant Johnson came back to town (Good to see him again) and didn’t miss a beat. With a couple of Bunyanesque lumberjack swings, he sent the Johnnies outfielders running all game long. (I think I even saw him chugging maple syrup on the bench) Karl Honigman continued to baffle the Johnnies with his mysterious knuckle-curve pine tar-spit ball. (We let the Johnnies keep the game ball) Dave Moeller went 4-4, and both Snustad and Carter both hit titanic homeruns. Somehow I managed to knock two of their 3rd baseman out of the game with hard grounders…Ouch! Turkey’s roll 24-4. Next game July 20 at 8:00 against The Water's Edge. Tucker Hanlon

No comments:

Post a Comment